In MySQL config file, such as my.cnf
- comment out skip-networking
- add bind-address = YOUR_HOST_IP
- restart mysqld
- log in to mysql from server machine
- do GRANT ALL ON DATABASE.TABLE TO USERNAME@'HOST_IP/NAME' IDENTIFIED BY 'PASSWORD'; (Quote is required.)
- on client machine log in with > mysql -u USERNAME -r PASSWORD -h YOUR_HOST_IP
P.S. If there is no config file you can copy/rename from my-*.cnf in mysql directory
Credit: How Do I Enable Remote Access To MySQL Database Server?
This link and this link explain it really well and concise
Formatting Run this command in shell sudo cpan JSON::XS Put this line to ~/.vimrc map <leader> jt <Esc> : %! json_xs -f json ...
sudo su postgres supply your Mac password modify /Library/PostgreSQL/9.x/data/pg_hba.conf from local all all md5 to local all all ...
This error message from chef is not very useful FATAL: Chef::Exceptions::ChildConvergeError: Chef run process exited unsuccessfully (exit ...