- View first, then Controller and Model last.
- In Controller tests:
- Don't mock ActiveRecord method
- Do stub ActiveRecord method (No real SQL execution allowed)
- Do mock custom model method
- Use signature from model mock to create real method in model (or module)
- Should not contain more than 5 lines or 10 function calls
- In Model tests:
- Do real SQL execution (No mock, no stub)
Saturday, March 3, 2012
Personal (and non-popular) Rails development rules of thumb
$ jcmd List running processes $ jinfo Get details of a process $ jps -lvm List running processes with params
Formatting Run this command in shell sudo cpan JSON::XS Put this line to ~/.vimrc map <leader> jt <Esc> : %! json_xs -f json ...
This error message from chef is not very useful FATAL: Chef::Exceptions::ChildConvergeError: Chef run process exited unsuccessfully (exit ...
sudo su postgres supply your Mac password modify /Library/PostgreSQL/9.x/data/pg_hba.conf from local all all md5 to local all all ...